First of all, I would like to give you some information about our team. We are a small team of two engineers and a business analyst with over ten years of experience in e-commerce apps. We have started operating as a Shopify partner in 2018 as a side project and learned a lot about this ecosystem.
Since 2018, We have been helping Shopify stores deliver invoices to their customers, for free. We've helped thousands of store owners, deliver millions of invoices to customers, with a simple setup.
We have created a transparent, secure, and honest app to support small business activities. It just runs on the Shopify API and it doesn't save your order, customer, or product data on its servers like some of the other invoicing apps in the Shopify App Store.
Two of our team members have lost their jobs amid the current Covid-19 crisis. During the last 40 days, we have been working on paid plans with lots of new features to keep up our work and earn our living.
Though we have released new paid plans, our commitment to your business remains the same and you can continue using the existing version of Simple Invoice for free. We just want to keep everything simple and offer affordable service to all Shopify users like you and grow our business as you grow. We believe building a reputation should be based on value over time. Our product and plans are honest, and so is our customer understanding. We hope we can continue working with you.
Here is the list of amazing new features we have added to Simple Invoice so far:
- Simple Invoice is now compliant with legislation over 60 countries worldwide.
- Multi-Language Support. You can use two or more invoice templates for two or more languages at the same time.
- Multi-Currency Support. You can create invoices in multiple currencies at the same time.
- Secondary Page Attachments. You can add an additional HTML file to your invoices like terms and conditions or policies.
- Tax Exemptions for Businesses. You can issue tax-free invoices for tax-exempt customers.
- Collect Tax Numbers. You can collect the tax number of your customers from the shopping cart page or customer registration page of your store.
- Multiple Account Usage. If you have multiple Shopify stores, you can manage all your stores from a single Simple Invoice dashboard.
- Dropbox, Google Drive & FTP Upload. You can manually or automatically upload your invoices to Dropbox, Google Drive, or an FTP server.
- Order Success Page Invoices. Your customers can download their invoices from the "order success page" after they place their order in your store.
- My Account Page Invoices. Your customers can download their invoices from the "my account" page.
- Barcodes. You can print barcodes on your orders and products.
- Quotes and Estimates (Soon). You can create customized quotes and estimates for your customers.
- Accept Payments (Soon). You can create and send invoices to your customers to receive payments.
What is changing?
1. We have started working as a full-time Shopify partner. Now we have more time to create new features and offer better customer support.
2. Alongside with the free plan, we now offer two paid plans. Pro and Premium.
3. Simple Invoice will no longer be offered for free with unlimited use but instead will be free for stores with up to 50 orders a month, and just $4.99/month for unlimited usage. All existing users will get an extended 30 day free trial for paid plans.
What do I need to do?
To continue using Simple Invoice you can simply subscribe to the "Free" plan. Nothing will change and all of the existing features will continue working without any issue.
If you do not wish to continue using the app, please make sure to uninstall the app from your Shopify admin, before the 6th of July 2020. After that date, automatic invoice delivery and the PDF download links for your account will stop working.
What happens to automatic invoice delivery and PDF download links?
Automatic invoice delivery functionality and all of your existing PDF download links will continue working until the 6th of July 2020. You will need to subscribe to continue using the app after that date.
What does it cost?
Simple Invoice is free for stores with up to 50 orders a month, and just $4.99/month for unlimited usage. You can continue using Simple Invoice for free as usual by subscribing to the Free plan. If you would like to support our efforts by buying us a coffee, you can select one of the paid plans with advanced features.
Why are you making these changes?
We are sorry for the change, but it's the only way we can continue to provide this service to you on a long term basis. We need to earn our lives and try to keep on keeping on.
How can I continue using Simple Invoice?
If you would like to continue using Simple Invoice, please subscribe to the "Free" plan by clicking here.
Got more questions?
Find help for the most common questions on our help site: https://support.simpleinvoice.info
You are also welcome to contact us on email@example.com
Thanks again for your support and understanding, we look forward to serving you!